1. Tourists need to be physically fit to experience Leh Ladakh trip.
2. Do not forget to carry camera with you as you will pass through breathtaking scenic views of the Ladakh region. Please note that cameras are not allowed inside the premises of monasteries and temples.
3. Inner Line Permits are essential to undertake a tour to restricted areas like Nubra Valley, Pangong Lake and Tsmoriri Lake. Permits can be obtained from DC’s office in Leh. These permits are valid for 1 week.
4. Some of the places in Ladakh experience drastic fluctuations in the daily temperature even during peak summer days. While the days are hot and humid, evening and night can be quiet chilly. So, it is advisable to carry enough woolen clothes along with light summer days dresses.
5. If you are planning to trek, get some protective clothes (rain coats, pullover, and jackets), quality walking shoes, sturdy boots a good sleeping bag and bed rolls.
6. It is always beneficial to keep a first aid kit while travelling. So get some Vitamin C and Aspirin tablets and other basic medication for safety purpose.
7. Ladakh region is prone to sun burn for severe sun and UV radiation, so carry Sunscreen, Sun tan lotion, lip balm, moisturizer, Sun Glasses and Wide brimmed sun hat.
8. In Ladakh region, Internet facilities are available in Leh only.
9. Credit Cards are not accepted by most of the hotels and travel agents.
10. Do not use plastic bag since plastic bags are officially banned in Ladakh.
11. Try to carry purified or boiled fresh water, chocolates or energy bars when you go on treks.