No tourist can leave the city of Srinagar without shopping. There are numerous interesting things to buy. Some of the famous shopping items and souvenirs include Pashmina shawls, Cashmere shawls, silver jewelry, bamboo and wooden items, metal works, papier-mâché items, carpets, embroidered products, etc. One must not forget to buy popular fruits like apple and walnut from the markets of Srinagar. These are the products which can be taken back home from Srinagar to gift someone or simply for home decoration and personal use.
Srinagar Tour Packages
4 Nights | 5 Days Srinagar, Gulmarg, Pahalgam
4 Nights | 5 Days Srinagar, Pahalgam, Sonmarg
5 Nights | 6 Days Srinagar, Gulmarg, Pahalgam, Sonmarg
4 Nights | 5 Days Srinagar, Gulmarg, Pahalgam, Sonmarg
Markets in Srinagar
Lal Chowk Market
Residency Road Market
Badshah Chowk Market
Polo View Market
Dal Lake Market
Nehru Park Market
Dal Floting Market
Kashmir Government Arts Emporium
TIPS FOR SHOPPING IN SRINAGAR
- Purchase only the double knotted carpets from the shops.
- You can make purchase from the markets- Badshah Chowk, Lal Chowk and Polo View.
- You can go to the Government Emporia in the Boulevard Road to avoid over priced items.
- Do not go to the shop recommended by any tourist guide. They take commissions from the shops and their rates are not genuine (mostly overpriced). Try to avoid the touts.
- You can also visit the Kashmir Shawl Museum to learn the techniques for testing Pashmina Shawl of genuine quality.
More About Srinagar