Welcome to Kashmir – the world of verdant valleys, earth’s carpet filled with multi-hued flowers and snow, crystal blue sky, snow covered peaks, the serene atmosphere, and adrenaline pumping adventure sports. The melting snow of the mountains fills the rivers, brooks, and streams meandering the valley, this is what makes Kashmir even more inviting. Whether you intend to take on a family tour package, a Honeymoon tour package, Adventure tour or for an Budget tour package, Kashmir welcomes people of all budget types with its open arms. Homestays, Budget Houseboats, Standard and budget hotels, Government run cottages, Lodges, there is lots of options for a budget traveler.
Things to do
1. Shikara Ride on Dal Lake is an enjoyable activity by tourists.
2. Sightseeing of Vegetable Floating gardens in Dal Lake is unique experience.
3. Trek to Shankracharya Hill is place for Nature lovers and Adventure Seekers.
4. Dachigam National Park is home for Adventure and nature lovers.
5. Visiting Sahlimar and Nishat Bagh are mesmerizing gardens and are premiere attractions of Srinagar City.
6. Lalchowk, Polo View, Boulevard Road are the Shopping Centers to buy all kinds of products especially Kashmiri Shawls, Paper Mashie, Souvenirs etc
7. Hazratbal Mosque, Jama Masjid, Hari Parbat, Pari Mahal are among prime attractions to visit in Srinagar.
8. Bird Lovers and ornithologist don’t forget to Visit Hokersar a home for migratory birds from Siberia and Central Asia.
9. Houseboats: It is an unavoidable fact that any tourist visit Srinagar City spends at least one night in Houseboat in Dal Lake and Nageen Lake. These houseboats are designed very beautifully with Cedar Wood and paintings of Kashmir Arts. Houseboats are categorized by Standard, Deluxe and Super Deluxe options with all rooms having Bathroom and Toilet Facilities along with sun deck area. It is really a worth accommodation and feeling of unique experience to stay in.
Best tourist places – Srinagar, Pahalgam, Sonmarg, Patnitop, Gulmarg, Bhderwah
Best Time to Visit-August-March
Weather- Pleasant and cool with an average temperature hovering between 6 C and 25 C
Activities- Shikara ride, hot air balloon, Fishing, River rafting, Zorbing, water rides, trekking
Where to stay – Hotels that offers all basic amenities. You can select from budget hotels, homestays, cottages and Houseboats
What to pack – woollen clothes (you may never know when the temperature drops), first-aid kit, dry snacks and toiletries.