The Rani Temple was once a royal temple of Dogra dynasty of erstwhile princely state Jammu and Kashmir. It is dedicated to Lord Shiva and situated on a small hillock in the heart of Gulmarg town. The most interesting fact about this temple is that it can be seen from all nooks and corners of the town. The Rani Temple, also known as Maharani temple or Mohineshwar Shivalaya was built by Mohini Bai Sisodhia, the wife of Maharaja Hari Singh in 1915. When King Hari Singh was spending his time in royal palace in Gulmarg, his queen used to visit this temple to worship Lord Shiva. Now, the temple remains open every day from 6 am to 9 pm and aarti is perfomed twice a day.